Quit for Life Tobacco Cessation
If you want to quit using tobacco, the confidential Quit for Life® tobacco cessation program can help you meet your goals. Quit for Life is offered by Optum, an independent company that offers a smoking cessation program on behalf of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.
The Quit for Life program is available at no charge to State Health Plan members and covered dependents ages 13 or older. When you join the program, you will receive resources to determine which therapy is best for you. Soon after you enroll, your Quit Coach® will call to discuss your personalized action plan. Your coach will help you set goals and will be there for support along the way. Your coach can support you over the phone, by text and online.
You might qualify for nicotine gum or patches. And as a State Health Plan primary member, you can get tobacco cessation medicine at no cost to you when you use a network pharmacy.
Among the benefits of quitting:
- You'll save lots of money you can spend on vacations, cars and other luxuries. Think about it. The average price of a pack of cigarettes in South Carolina is $5.50. If you are a pack-a-day smoker, that adds up to just over $2,000 a year!
- You'll also save time you formerly spent on cigarette breaks.
- You'll regain your sense of smell.
- You'll have really fresh breath, maybe for the first time in years.
Stop dreaming and quit now!
To enroll in Quit for Life:
- Call 800-652-7230.
- Visit www.quitnow.net/SCStateHealthPlan. (This link leads to a third party website. That company is solely responsible for the content and privacy policies on its site.)